Thursday, December 17, 2009

Baking Frustration

Let me preface this post by saying ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!

I've never done Christmas baking before, Up until this point I've really only baked one thing at a time for specific occasions as I personally have no use for sweets once they're baked. But this year I felt the pull of domesticity and decided to bake for some friends that mean alot to me. I never thought of how much work it is to bake 2 or 3 recipes in a day! It's not easy, especially with cut cookies where the dough has to be rolled from, what can only be described as a cold hard chocolatey rock, into a flat sheet. And alllll the dishes!!!

That said I did like it for the most part.
So far I've made:
Snickerdoodles
Eggnog cookies
Chocolate Sugar cookies
Cranberry Pistachio Shortbreads
Peppermint Bark

I'm hoping to also do some Rocky Road S'mores bars and Cherry Snowballs but we'll see, I'm not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow with Colin coming over and packing to leave on Saturday as well as dropping by a party for a friend from church who is done school and is moving back out east.

I'm excited for New Years, Colin is coming here to have a Turkey Dinner with us, Then we're heading out to his town for a party with his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment